The purpose of the HPNF Certification Research Grant is to seek the impact of certification within the research topic that pertains to palliative care. As long as there is a mechanism of measuring the impact of certified versus non-certified hospice and palliative nurses, the research can be on any relevant topic. Something as simple as the investigator determining the certification status of any nurse participants would suffice as a certification component worthy of grant approval.
One grant of up to $15,000 will be awarded annually. Proposals are due on or before June 1 of the respective year. The funding date is September 1 of the same year. Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date.
The Certification Research Grant is competitive and the awardee is selected from the applicant pool by the Certification Research Grant Review Committee consisting of HPNF Board members and HPNA members with research expertise.
General Grant Information
· The funding period is for 12 months from the receipt of the award
· Proposals may be resubmitted one time to HPNF
· A final report of expenditures and final scientific report must be submitted to HPNF 90 days following the original or amended project funding period
· The application abstract and final report will be posted on the HPNF website
· Publication of research findings in peer-reviewed scientific or professional journals such as the Journal for Hospice and Palliative Nursing is expected
· Be actively involved in some aspect of hospice and palliative care practice, education, or research
· Preference will be given to HPNA members
· Hold a master’s or doctoral degree or be enrolled in a doctoral program
· Submit a completed application in English
· Have a project that is ready for implementation when funding is received
· Complete project within one (1) year of funding
· Sign a Certification Research Grant Application Agreement
· Submit all materials so that they are received by HPNF on or before June 1
· HPNF Certification Research Grant Review Committee takes into account applicants’ adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of proposal, and quality of proposal when reviewing proposals of the applicant pool
· Deadline is strictly enforced. Proposals must be received on or before June 1 of the respective year.
· All applications must be submitted via mail or courier service to Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation, One Penn Center West, Suite 229, Pittsburgh, PA 15276-0100. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
· For questions, please contact the Director of Development, Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation, at 412.787.9301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Certification Research Grant Criteria and Requirements
Click here for Certification Research Grant Submission Guidelines
Click here for Certification Research Grant Application Agreement
Click here for Research Award Recipient Agreement (only for award recipients)
Click here for W-9 (only for award recipients)
Click here for Certification Research Grant Guidelines for Preparing Final Report (only for award recipients)
Click here for list of past recipients
Click here to view 2010 Certification Research Grant Final Report by Karen Kehl, PhD, RN, ACHPN®