The HPNA-Sponsored Conference Scholarship program was established by HPNF in 2008 to provide financial assistance to nursing professionals for attending HPNA-sponsored conferences, the Clinical Practice Forum and the AAHPM/HPNA Annual Assembly. These scholarships support nurses who wish to augment their professional development and leadership skills in hospice and palliative care.
Scholarships are awarded to HPNA members to provide reimbursement of the early conference registration fee. Fifteen scholarships are offered. Five scholarships are available for the HPNA Clinical Practice Forum and ten scholarships are available for the AAHPM/HPNA Annual Assembly.
The scholarships are competitive and winners are selected from the applicant pool by the HPNF Conference Scholarship Review Committee consisting of HPNF Board members and HPNA members.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must:
· Hold a current HPNA membership
· Be involved in hospice and palliative nursing
· Register and pay for registration to attend the Conference for which the scholarship is being sought
· Submit a completed HPNA-Sponsored Conference Scholarship Application including all required attachments:
o Verification of registration and payment
o Resume or CV (2 pages or less)
o Essay, minimum 250 words and maximum two pages, describing:
§ your experience and interest in hospice and palliative care
§ what you expect to gain from attending the Annual Assembly or Clinical Practice Forum and how knowledge from this conference could be applied directly to your practice in palliative nursing
§ one instance where you demonstrated innovation in responding to challenges in practice
· Submit all materials on or before July 15 or December 1 (see below to determine applicable deadline)
· HPNF Conference Scholarship Review Committee takes into account your adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of applications, and quality of responses when reviewing applications of the applicant pool
· Submit HPNA-Sponsored Conference Scholarship Application and all required attachments to HPNF by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 412-787-9305 on or before July 15 or December 1
· July 15 for Conferences occurring July through December (i.e. Clinical Practice Forum)
· December 1 for Conferences occurring January through June (i.e. AAHMP/HPNA Annual Assembly)
Click here for list of past recipients